Support Forums › Forums › FIR Designer Support › Changing Sample Rate for an existing FIR Coefficient set to keep its response › Reply To: Changing Sample Rate for an existing FIR Coefficient set to keep its response
Since you only have the FIR filter coefficients at 48 kHz, try the following:
– start FIR Designer with an empty, new project,
– load the FIR filter onto the Target tab (in “File”) and uncheck both “Mag only” and “Phase only”
– set the “Design sample rate” to 96 kHz
– use the various FIR tabs to match the target response. (If the filter is fairly simple, the Auto Mag and Auto Phase may be enough to match the target.)
– on the “Export” tab, set the Filter length to 300 taps or longer and adjust the Filter delay to minimise the “Total Error.”
– then export to whatever file format you need.
We don’t have a separate converter tool right now, but we are thinking of making one. And obviously if you had the original FIR Designer project file, just changing the “Design sample rate” to 96 kHz and doubling the “Filter length” and “Filter delay” numbers would get you straight to a result.